Videos and Playlist brought to you by Mom and Baby Shop. To learn more about the range of products and services available, visit us at www.momandbabyshop.com.
Solutions for cleaning, feeding and storing
The most natural way to bottle feed
The Natural baby bottle is our most innovative and advanced baby bottle. Designed with a wide, breast-shaped nipple to make bottle feeding more natural for your baby.
Classic + is clinically proven to reduce colic* - now with fewer parts
Our trusted Classic range has been improved to provide an even more enjoyable feeding experience. The clinically proven, anti-colic system is now integrated into the nipple, making the bottle extra easy to clean and assemble.
Bottle feeding positions
As with breastfeeding, there are certain positions that will suit your baby better when they move on to bottle feeding.
Holding the baby and the bottle
- Hold your baby close to you on your lap in a semi-upright position so you can make eye contact. If necessary, put a pillow on your lap to raise your baby up.
- Your baby will enjoy feeding from the bottle more if you smile and chat
- Tilt the bottle so that the neck and teat fill up with milk, before you carefully place the teat in your baby’s mouth - this avoids swallowing any air bubbles, which could cause gas
- If your baby seems unsettled during the feed, the cause may be wind - try gently rubbing your baby’s back to encourage burping
- Try to get into the habit of burping about halfway through the feed and after feeding - this can help to prevent spitting up.
As with breastfeeding, alternate your hold positions from side to side. This will help your baby's eyes and neck to develop more equally. Try alternating halfway through the bottle after burping your baby. By doing this from the very start, your baby is less likely to choose a preferred side.
Underarm or rugby ball hold
The underarm hold is a good choice if you have had a cesarean delivery, or if you have twins. Place a pillow across your lap to help support your baby in this position.
Choosing the right teat/ nipple
It’s important to get a teat with the right sized hole for your baby. You can choose slow, medium or fast flow teats.
- A newborn baby will normally need a soft, slow-flow teat
- If your baby seems to take a long time to finish a bottle or gives up in the middle, the hole may be too small - try changing to a medium-flow teat
- If your baby is spluttering as they feed, the hole in the teat may be too big
- You may also like to try variable-flow teats that can give slow, medium or fast flow using just the one teat
About Philips AVENT
In 1984 the AVENT brand was born with the introduction of a baby feeding bottle that set the standard for feeding bottles worldwide.
It was the owner of the company Edward Atkin, who first noted how standard feeding bottles were simply not up to the task. The bottle nipples were hard, long, and narrow and the bottles awkward, unstable and difficult to fill.
Edward set about designing a feeding bottle that would become the next best thing to breastfeeding. What he produced was the best designed, best engineered baby feeding bottle in the world. The Philips AVENT bottle has a wide neck and base for easier cleaning and filling.
Its nipple was the first to be made entirely of odorless, tasteless silicone; soft and broad in shape it was as close to nature as he could make it and has a unique venting system to help reduce colic in the newborn. So it's no surprise that more mothers choose Philips AVENT than any other feeding bottle. From this point the Philips AVENT brand went on to rethink the design of many baby feeding products.
In September 2006, Philips, a global leader in lifestyle, healthcare and technology was united with AVENT. These two companies, both with histories of innovation, are a perfect fit. Philips, in its commitment to promote well-being, develops lifestyle products that make good health easier to achieve. This commitment works in tandem with the AVENT goal to create the highest quality baby care and feeding products in the world. Working together, Philips AVENT can offer simpler lifestyle choices that make caring for your baby even easier.
No matter what choices you make concerning the care of your baby, we strive to remain the best source for products that support those choices. So we invite you to re-visit the website often, to see what's new at Philips AVENT. We hope you are as excited as we are about the changes ahead.