Slime Sam needs new friends! Sue knows all about healthy food for kids and fruit art so comes up with a bizarre idea to make fruit animals for him! It's genius if you think about it. You can talk with a fruit friend and then eat it when you are hungry, make a new one, repeat... That's the beauty of edible crafts and friends made from fruit!
She's got this brilliant idea when no one showed up for Sam's party. He was trying so hard to make the best party for his friends! He's got the best soda, tasty party snacks, confetti, balloons, name tags, party hats and bright party decorations... He sent out beautiful invitations to all of his friends and... no one came! Jelly Sam was so depressed! Sue felt very guilty because she was the one who forgot to send out invitations to the guests. But Slime Sam doesn't need to know about that because Sue is going to fix.
In this episode, Sue will show you how to make fruit animals. These recipes are easy and simple, family-friendly and so much fun! They're not exactly recipes as you don't have to boil, fry, roast or bake anything, so it's completely hustle-free! These no-cook fruit carving ideas will be a staple at your next party for kids and the guests will love it!
And please let us know if you have cool ideas for fruit carving, we'll make another video and share your ideas with other kids!
There are three fruit crafts combined in this fun video. Sue'll be fruit carving apple owl, apple frog and apple turtle (or tortoise? not sure lol:).
1. HOW TO MAKE AN OWL FROM AN APPLE
To make a fruit owl you will need a few simple ingredients:
- two apples
- a piece of carrot
- a few raisins
1) Take one apple and cut a piece off each side. The apple slices should be even. These will be the wing for the fruit owl.
2) Attach the apple slices to the same apple using half of a toothpick.
3) We already have the owl's body and now we can make its head. Cut off two slices from another apple so the cuts make an angle.
4) Carve out a small piece of apple flesh in the middle of each cut and insert the raisins that will serve as eyes.
5) Cut out small slot-like holes on either side of the "head", that's where the ears will go.
6) Cut out small triangles from the remaining apple slices and insert them into the holes.
7) Cut out a triangle from the carrot, it'll serve as a beak.
8) Carve out a small piece of apple between the owl's eyes and insert the carrot beak.
9) Connect both parts of the owl together by sticking a toothpick between them.
You got yourself a cute fruit owl!
2. HOW TO MAKE A FROG FROM AN APPLE
To make a funny frog you will need:
- a quarter of an apple
- a few raisins
- sunflowers seeds
- a strawberry
- two marshmallows
1) Cut out a piece in the middle of apple quarter. It'll be the mouth.
2) Insert the seeds in the "mouth" to make your friend smile:)
3) Insert the raisins into the marshmallows.
4) Stick the toothpicks above the frog's mouth and attach the marshmallows.
5) Slice a strawberry and use one slice to make a tongue for the frog.
Here's Jose FROGriguez!
3. HOW TO MAKE A TURTLE FROM AN APPLE
For this fruit creation you will need:
- an apple
- a grape
- some colorful sprinkles
HOW TO CARVE AN APPLE TURTLE:
1) Cut the apple in half.
2) Make a turtle's head out of the grape by cutting off a small piece of it.
3) Stick a toothpick into the apple half and put a grape onto it.
4) Use another toothpick to make holes in the grape.
5) Decide on the turtle's eyes color and insert the sprinkles in the holes.
6) Cut a large piece from the second apple half.
7) Remove the middle and cut the pieces in half.
8) Place four little pieces like legs and place a turtle on top!
Sweet little turtle is ready for playing! Or eating...
* Why do apples turn brown? There is an enzyme called polyphenol oxidase in apples. When you cut an apple chemical reaction takes place, this enzyme reacts with the oxygen in the air and turns the apple brown. To prevent apple slices from turning brown sprinkle some lemon juice on the cut and it will stay fresh looking for much longer!
** Sam's joke of the day:
Why did the mushroom go to the party?
Because he was a fungi!
PREVIOUS EPISODE: GOLDEN Hatchimal FOUND?! Opening 50 MORE HATCHIMALS CollEGGtibles
CHEF SAM' RECIPES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYdMQPd8FbI&list=PLYsskVzwBG4qva7oSxubSE6w5-MjE8_lZ
This video has English subtitles for your convenience!
Check out Slime Sam's Community Tab and see his best pictures, funny GIFs, new episode announcements and much more! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5VDXH8up3pKUppIvcstNQ/community
Subscribe to Sam's channel and give a thumbs up to motivate him to make more videos for you! https://goo.gl/zarVZo
- - -
All music is licensed under MUSIC STANDARD LICENSE: